Welcome to our news pages and press section. At MAS we have a long and proud history and are happy to share documents, testimonials and articles.  If you see an item and would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Date Posted: 14/07/2020

Back to News Posts

BREXIT UPDATE - Worker advice (Ongoing updates subject to change)

All workers and holders of an EU passport with the exception of Ireland, should use the GOV.UK website to ensure that after 31st December 2020, they are entitled to live and work in the UK by making an online application now.  Dont' leave until the end of the year as come 31st Januaray all the rules change and it is unlikely there will be any Brexit extension.

Continue to live in the UK if you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen

Below is an example of the questions you may need to answer?

Start again

1. Are you planning to continue living in the UK after 31 December 2020?


2. Are you a British or Irish citizen?


3. Are you a citizen of another EU or EEA country, or Switzerland?


4. Do you have a valid 'permanent residence document' from the UK government?


5. Do you have valid ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or ‘indefinite leave to enter’ status from the UK government?


You’ll need to apply to continue living in the UK

You’ll be able to continue living in the UK if you successfully apply:

  • to the EU Settlement Scheme
  • for British citizenship

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

You can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to stay in the UK. You’ll get settled or pre-settled status if you’re successful.

Apply for British citizenship

You can apply for British citizenship if you’re eligible for it after you’ve got settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

If you want to apply for citizenship before then, you’ll need a permanent residence document.

You can sign up for email updates about the status of EU citizens living in the UK.