Our client specialises in the installation, hire and sale of branded and unbranded audio visual LED display equipment.
You will be working for retail, sporting, corporate clients and also with charities, on major projects across the UK, including large scale events such as concerts, exhibitions and promotions.
Your role as technician will be based locally, although you will be required to travel to carry out installations and repairs when necessary.
General duties include:
- Preparation and testing of equipment prior to dispatch and upon return from customers.
- Review and assessments of installations and delivery of components including preparation of site surveys.
- Carrying out customer service calls and diagnosing issues face to face and via telephone support services and delivery of technical advice and guidance as required.
- Communicating schedules, plans and programmes of events with customers and adapting to changes as required.
- Keeping up to date records of repairs, equipment and customer accounts.
- Assist with new installation, planning and delivery of equipment (a clean driving licence is essential) along with keeping vehicles prepared to carry out installations and repairs at all times complete with spare parts.
Follow H&S and company procedures whilst promoting a safe and clean working environment and supporting colleagues with a positive attitude.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, and interest in this sector is an advantage, although training and development may be available and promotion from within the business for non sector applicants (see the Technical Warehouse Role)
Flexible hours but in general the working day will be 8.30am to 5.30pm with evenings and weekends when required.