As Supply Chain Co-ordinator you will be reporting Operations Manager.
Hours: 37.5 per week with some flexibility on times
Location: Mainly office-based at Basingstoke
Travel: To attend customer and supplier meetings mainly in UK but occasionally abroad.
Training: OTJ training and familiarisation will be given
Ideal candidate: A keen, intelligent and proactive individual with well-developed Commercial and Technical appreciation, ideally including some Engineering expertise.
Driving licence essential.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
Supplying into blue chip businesses in the Medical, Semiconductor and Research fields.
Provide customer satisfaction using tiered supply chain and lean methodology together with continuous improvement methods.
Responsible for 100% OTIF delivery from all tiers in the supply chain, right through to delivery for both Kanban-supplied parts and discrete orders. Kanban is an inventory scheduling system that allows companies to stock only needed components and arts in the production or distribution process. ... In lean manufacturing, the process pulls materials through the production or distribution process. The Kanban system provides a signal for reordering or replenishing stock.
Processes to be followed:
Gather customer forecast information and use it to load and run MRP
Take ownership of the MRP system and make improvements where possible.
Place orders on global factories and tiered suppliers as necessary, whether discrete or annual kanban blanket orders.
Issue forecasts to suppliers, as needed.
Monitor and maintain the e-kanban system weekly.
Adhere to agreed delivery rules
Poactive notification of any issues and implementation of solutions
Maintain sufficient order cover to keep stock within max/min limits
Operate the Engineering Change Control system.
Issue price lists to customers as a minimum four times per year but probably most months.
Maintain BOMs and part settings.
Order Service spares monthly, liaising with the Service Manager on the stockholding profile.
Continually seek opportunities to reduce costs.
Skills required - essential:
· Highly presentable with strong articulation skills.
· An operational understanding of supply chain management including:
Customer / supplier relationships,Tiered supply chain, Materials & Inventory management processes, MRP, Engineering Change Control, The kitting process, Standard commercial practice, Contract law, Negotiation
· A minimum of two years’ experience in relevant roles.
· The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
· Efficient self-organisation, time planning and task prioritisation.
· The flexibility to work additional and or unsocial hours where the job demands.
· Excellent communication skills at all levels.
· Strong command of English spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· The capacity to work for the overall good of the Company even if this is to your own personal disadvantage.
· General awareness of standard manufacturing processes for:
· The ability to read and understand a technical drawing including third angle projection.
· Strong computer literacy including: Data manipulation,Microsoft Office suit, and the ability to audit suppliers and identify strengths and weaknesses
· Highly numerate and able to understand financial accounts – P&L and balance sheet – and extract key ratios.
· Ability to prepare and deliver a presentation to a senior audience.
Applications for this role via MAS Recruitment in confidence who are acting as an Employment Agency for the introduction of permament applicants for this senior role.